The diagnosis of an intervertebral disc herniation sounds like a sentence to some people. The picture of operating and surgical instruments is immediately drawn in the head. In fact, everything is not so scary.
What is an intervertebral hysteria? And what are its causes?
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Hernia, provoked by excessive physical activity, is dangerous risk of restriction of the nerve roots of the spinal cord.
People at risk of developing an intervertebral hernia are:
* have poor heredity.
Herniated vertebrae can be the result of work. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People with healthy habits and who are active in sports rarely need to see a neurologist for such issues.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. The numbness is accompanied by numbness and sharp pains in the buttocks and lower back.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Painful shots can be taken even if you are lifting very small weights off the ground in your waist.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Intervertebral hernia in the cervical region:
In the beginning stages, hernia can occur in the cervical spine.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Trying to squeeze the brush leads to numbness of the fingers.
4. The patient complains of headaches, flies in the eyes, tinnitus, loss of orientation in space.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Will treating intervertebral hernia without surgery relieve pain and numbness?
A complete exam is required before the doctor can determine if it is possible to treat intervertebral hernia with surgery or if it is better to go to surgery. In advanced cases, surgery is the only way to relieve pain, restore mobility and efficiency.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. Along with drug therapy, the clinic’s specialists prescribe massage and physiotherapy to patients, and make individual complexes of therapeutic gymnastics. In other words, in each case the therapeutic program is developed individually and guarantees positive dynamics.
Check out about gryzha pozvonochnika go this website: click